These are commonly asked questions we receive. Please refer to the following answers. If you still can't find the answer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How long does the delivery take?
- 1-4 business days for stocked items. We deliver products from Melbourne and the duration depends on where you are located. Please allow 7-10 days for unstocked items.
Please note some delays may occur especially when ordering unstocked items. The stock needs to go through the customs and parcels may be kept longer for an inspection.
I'm going to buy a knife for a present. Will you make this on time?
- We will try our best to deliver items faster by arranging less handling time and Express Post. However there is no guarantee for the timing of delivery. Please allow enough time especially when ordering unstocked item for a present.
I would like to have a particular knife that you don't sell online. Are you able to organise it?
- At this moment we deal with the following 3 brands. We may be able to organise different type of knives from those companies that we don't sell online. (eg: hollow ground design, boning knife, Chinese knife, etc) Please contact us for details.
Are you able to organise left-handed knives?
- Yes, however we do not stock left-handed knives and need to backorder with the manufacturer in Japan. The price of left handed knives are 1.5 times higher than regular ones.
Most of Western knives (Chef's, Santoku, Petty) that we sell are double bevel knives so they are suited to use for left handers.
I'm in Melbourne. Can I have a look at your knives?
- Yes, please contact Kaz 0404500118 for an appointment. He is able to show you the knives and give you advises for you to choose the right one.
Can I directly buy knives from Sakai Jikko when I travel to Japan?
Yes, they have a beautiful showroom and many customers buy knives from around the world. Their retail prices are quite similar to ours as we match their RRP for customers in Australia.
For your engraving service, is it possible to engrave a long phrase like a message?
- Yes, we can engrave a long phrase as long as the blade space allows.
Are you able to engrave the knife which I already own?
- No, we can only accept the engraving service at the time you purchase as the engraving is processed at Sakai Jikko in Osaka.
Why is the engraving service taking 2 weeks?
- Once we receive the engraving order, we need to transfer it to Sakai Jikko in Japan. Then they can organise the professional craftsmen to engrave your knife. we need 3 days for this process to complete and another 7days for shipping your order to Melbourne, and another 1-4 days for local delivery.
Are you able to engrave any language other than English and Japanese?
- By using the laser engraving we can engrave most of letters. Please email us to notify of your preferred letter and we will check if it can be read in the computer at the manufacturer.
I'm considering buying knives with names engraved. It's the Xmas present for my clients. Will you give us any corporate discount if purchasing in bulk?
- We can arrange some discount for above 6 knives on a single order. Discount rate depends on the volume and products. Please contact us with details and we will try to figure the best deal for you.
What are the payment options?
- Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Apple Pay, Paypal (no surcharge for all)
Do you accept direct deposit?
- Yes, please contact us by email email@example.com to notify us of your order. we will get back to you with an invoice that has our bank information.
I received the delivery and found that I don't like this knife. Will you give me a refund or exchange it with another knife?
- First of all our return policy lasts 7 days. If 7 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Please contact us first and let us know that you would like a refund and we will give you the return address. Once we receive the item and found there is no evidence of use, then we will arrange a refund to your credit card (or bank deposit)
Please note, $15 is deducted from the refund amount for a handling fee and delivery cost for return is on the customer.
Also, the engraved knives are not returnable.